Hello! Whilst there has been an absence between posts I’d like to assure you that is not because Milaana, its heroes and myself have been idle. Indeed it is the absolute opposite, as the world of Milaana has been so busy!
Over the summer I will endeavour to reflect upon the whirlwind of the past few months as well paint a picture of the vision for Milaana that has consequently been formed. Here are some snippets of what I will be sharing;
- Heroes! We have developed an amazing team of Heroes who are undertaking projects with Milaana over the summer. From diverse backgrounds and with unique passions they are united by how they are all using their super powers for good!
- Applications! We have been working on applications for various funding and incubator programs going through the ups and downs of start-up development with the unique challenges and opportunities that flow from being a social business and all the while we have had amazing organisations working with us as early adopters of the online platform.
- GSBS 2013! I had the honour to attend the Global Social Business Summit 2013 in Malaysia in early November meeting one of my greatest idols, countless Social Business visionaries and inspirational Young Challengers.
- Design! We have been working hard to craft Milaana’s visual identity with amazing students from Griffith universities’ Liveworm studio under the guidance of David Sargent. Watch this space!
- Graduating! All the above has happened as I have been completing my final semester of a dual undergraduate program of Business and International Relations which culminated with my final exam on Monday the 9th! Yay! Entering the ‘real world’ as an entrepreneur and a ‘social’ one at that is quite a leap from any form of safety net or status quo but you cant fly if you don’t first jump!
I’m excited to be sharing all of this and much more and for the opportunity to try to comprehend and reflect upon the amazing journey so far. I feel so blessed to have already experienced so much and to have met so many incredible people who will no doubt be life-long friends. It is the people who share a passion for social business and community engagement that have helped so much through the ups and downs and affirmed that this is most definitely the path I should be walking. The most amazing thing as it is still just the beginning with Milaana still very much in the development stage, getting ready to spread its wings for 2014.
Big love, speak soon and best wishes for the holiday period,